Saturday, August 22, 2009

Travel Plans

We have bought our tickets to Taiwan! This was a fun and scary thing to do. On one had I was so excited that we are going to go and get Lauren finally. Then I looked at the flights and got a dose of reality. The going there doesn't phase me, it's the flight back, re-entry and jet-lag that are a little scary. We decided to spend the night in San Francisco to break up the LONG flight home and to rest and regroup. I know that I will be dying to get home to the boys but I wanted to make sure that when I walked off the plane to meet them that I was ready to give them all the love and attention that they ( and I) will need. I have never been away from them for so long. Why is it that everything has a bittersweet component?

Here is are schedule:

Tuesday 9/8 Depart for Taiwan in the evening
Thursday 9/10 Arrive in Taipei at the crack of dawn
Friday 9/11 Lauren is placed in our arms
Saturday 9/12 Sightseeing
Sunday 9/13 Sightseeing
Monday 9/14 AIT appointment
Tuesday 9/15 Pick up visa, evening flight out of Taipei, spend the night in San Francisco
Wednesday 9/16 Flight home and our Forever Family Day

Our amazing social worker is working on our sightseeing schedule with Mr. Yeh and once I have more info I will share.

I think our trip will be here before I know it. We have 1 week left of summer vacation and that always goes by to quickly. Matt's birthday is next weekend and then the kids go back to school. To be honest...I could take another month of summer vacation with my boys:)

For now Phil and I are going to take the kids to the beach and check out the waves. Hurricane Bill should be kicking up some heavy surf off the New England coast.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! It'll be here before you know it!! I can't wait to see Lauren in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny how now it is real! I felt the same way! You and Lauren will do fine on the trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the exact same way... It was sooo hard to think about. But once you pull out of your drive-way, you will be on a "mission"! A mission to bring Lauren back home to her brothers. That, will help to pull you through!
    Taking the extra day will a wonderful idea! As hard as it is to say and think about right now, I personally think it sounds like a fantastic plan. One that I wish we had thought out and followed through with. Coming home is exhausting in so many ways...
    I'm so excited for you!!! Keep us posted on the plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,
    How exciting that you are all set to go. The time will fly. Expect jet lag no matter what, but ours lasted maybe 4 days. It is a bear, but keep in mind it passes. Your guide seems great (from Michelle) and you will see lots of great things. Taiwan is very hot so be prepared. I can not wait to see you with your daughter. SO when you are back and settled in let's try to get together.

    LOL:
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin,
    I am so excited that this all happening. It suddenly all seems so REAL! When Scott and I left Shaha home with my parents when we went to Vegas it was tougher on me than her! I jotted down so many great places to see and things to do from everyone's blogs =... I can't wait to add to my list!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's good that you're staying overnight on your way back. Did you request for a bassinet on the return flight? Taiwan is beautiful! All I've seen is the view out our hotel! You will love it! (Oh, don't forget to bring your camera cord (USB cord).

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting - you are going to pick up your daughter!! I like your idea of a 'stayover' to re-group. I was having some nervous thoughts when it's our turn. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks of these things! :-)

    I'm very happy for your family and can't wait to see your daughter in your arms!

    ReplyDelete