Thursday, August 27, 2009

How We're Doing

I have to say that I have that nervous butterfly feeling again in my stomach. I was doing well organizing what I call the Tri-fecta of events. Back to school, Matt's birthday and traveling to Taiwan. In my book any one of these events is BIG and requires care and attention.

Well- my tri-fecta just went from 3 events to 4 events. Not even sure what to call that. Jake has been under the weather for 11 days. It started with a fever( 24 hours) and moved on to a cough. On Tuesday he was diagnosed with Pneumonia. The poor guy. He is usually a little tornado and has been lying about the house and laying down at the beach. So not like him. He has started taking antibiotics and rebounding a little bit, but he HATES liquid medicine and that was the only kind they prescribed. Three times a day we have a small battle over this. We had to go to the emergency room to see a doctor and get x-rays. We were told that we needed to follow up with are pediatrician and possibly have more x-rays as his first one showed signs of asthma. Poor Jake.

I decided that was it for me. We are leaving the beach a few days early and heading home. I will be packing everything up today. I hope to bring him back to the doctors on Friday and find out more information. Did I mention that this could be catchy. All three boys have been sleeping in the same room and we have all been coughed on directly in the face. We need to get Jake well and keep everyone well. I cannot get sick and I can't have anyone else get sick. There is simply too much to be done and not enough time.

Okay, I feel a little better now.

PS. Congratulations to Jami on receiving Final Ruling! You can follow her journey by following the link to w8n4#2&3

5 comments:

  1. I think you made the right choice. First getting it all out and off your chest and secondly, calling an end to the vacation and getting everyone back home. Poor Jake! Hope he's feeling better soon. I also hope that nobody else gets it. Lysol everything down and pull out the multi vitamins.
    Sending healing vibes your way!
    I'm so excited that you are finally bringing Lauren home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, hope you all can keep well while tending to Jake. Can you do maintenance inhaler & / or nebulizer for Jake to keep the asthma under control while he is getting better? You are correct, issues come in 3's not 4's thus this is the icing on the cake and I will pray it means your travels will be trouble free.
    Michelle (mlynneruss)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy Robin,
    What to do?? First,get your little man well. Take some Vitamin C for you and Hubby, and cross your fingers that the others stay good. My thoughts are with you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Robin. I am so sorry to hear Jake is feeling so bad! You are all in my thoughts on a speedy recovery and no one else catching it.
    And you sound like you are handling this with so much calm.
    Please keep us posted and know we'll be thinking of you all.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAHHHH!!! Robin, I remember reading that Jake was feeling a bit under the weather but I just read about Pneumonia... You are right... just one more thing to add to the plate throws everything out of whack... believe me I know! Get Jake better and take care of yourself too!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete