Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My quest for a pink lovey



I have been on a search for a lovey for our baby girl. My youngest had a great lovey. It was the Gund Dottie Dots blue puppy. It was a puppy head attached to a soft blue with white polka dots blanket. Once we got on the wait list I bought the pink kitty version of the "puppy". I have bought it for many friends and it has some king of magic where the babies just LOVE them. My nephew William loves his puppy just as much as Jake loves his.


Well as we are getting closer to referral I started looking for another pink kitty. I wanted one to send over in a care package and 1 to bring with me. From experience I have learned that 1 is never enough. 2-3 is really the perfect number. 1 lovey in rotation, 1 clean lovey ready to be given as the 1st needs to be washed and 1 lovey waiting in case a lovey goes missing or lost. Wouldn't you know that the pink kitty ( and the whole Dottie Dots collection has been retired!). I have visited every website that google has matched with the Dottie Dots kitty. Nothing, nada, it is just gone.
The good new is that while searching for the new Gund model I found this new pink kitty lovey by Angel Dear. Even better is that it is carried at a local Hallmark store. They had a few different pink options: kitty, lamb, hippo and bunny. I was drawn to the bunny. I did let Jake ( the lovey master) pick the new lovey for his baby sister. He chose the kitty. I was very excited to purchase 3 pink kitty loveys. I did buy the bunny one for baby Alyssa. I will pass the original Gund over to my friend Erin's daughter who is down to just 1 "huggy bear".
Also- My cousin Michael informed me that I had a few typo's throughout my blog. LOL. I spell check, re-read and double check my "work" but I honestly can not see my own typo's. I actually got in trouble in Grad school for turning in work with typo's. I have determined that it is a small learning disability that goes along with my b,d,p confusion and transposing of numbers ( that is my self diagnosis as a speech pathologist) So if you see a typo (that I did not) please forgive me:)
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment