Thursday, June 18, 2009

Working on the Nursery

We have started work on the nursery. Things are coming together but a little slower than I originally had planned. Here are the inspiration fabrics for the room. The top swatch is a fabric that I am using to make a cover for a chest that is in front of the big window. We tend to use it as a window seat so now it will match. The second fabric we are using for the drapes. The window in the nursery is very big. My mom made the drapes for me and now we will be able to open and close them for nap time. This is the big window. It really is beautiful but can be a challenge to dress. I love how the drapes came out, but I don't think they are showing as well in the picture. The window is in a little nook in the room. The nook is painted a really pretty green that worked great in Jake's room. I thought it might work again as the green is similar to the green stripe in the curtain. Once I put the drapes up I realized we were going to need more pink.




For the bedding I kind of but it together myself instead of buying a whole packaged set. I am going for the pink and green color scheme. I found this super soft pink bumper made by Cart*rs. It is very pale but once we paint the nook a dark pink and the rest of the walls a lighter pink I think it will pop better. For a skirt I really wanted the Pott*ry B&rn crib skirt with with ric rac ribbon. I actually found this once on e-bay. I love the colors and the embroidered butterfly. I was very surprised to find a crib skirt with a flamingo! I definitely did not go looking for it but Flamingos are such a fun symbol for all my friends that I could not pass it up.







Here is a little butterfly decoration that I found at Christmas time. I thought it was so fitting for our butterfly girl.

Now that baseball is over I will be home long enough to finish cleaning out the room and girling it up...and paint.

8 comments:

  1. Oh what fun!!
    It looks like it is really coming along...I can't wait to see pictures once it's all done! And you'd better get moving, I am sure you will get all of your court dates quick!
    I tend to like the this n'that room look, it adds more character I think than a pre-made set. And the curtains look great, I am sure they look amazing in real life.
    Thanks for sharing, it is a lovely room, perfect for Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,
    I love it. We have similar taste. I can't wait to see it done.Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is so beautiful. Great job decorating!!!

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Robin! Thanks for your comment on our blog. Your daughter is beautiful...congratulations! I can't wait to decorate Sophia's room. After four boys, it will be very pink! I'm sure you can relate! Will check back for more updates on your journey...

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful fabrics. looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin it looks great so far!!! Can't wait to see the pics once you've finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, the room looks great and totally girly, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete