Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Status Update

Let's see what is new on the adoption front and elsewhere:

We still have not had our hearing or had a hearing date scheduled as of yet. We did receive confirmation that our Birth Mother Interview is complete so that is great news. The next step should be the hearing. It is looking like our court process is moving on the slower side. I had originally hoped to travel in July or August. It could be August, September or....( I can't write anything further for fear that it will push out our travel even longer. We did receive our updated immigration approval last week so we are good to go as soon as we are invited.

We did get updated measurements on Lauren. She is/was 13 1/4 lbs and 22 1/2 inches on April 25th. The clothes that we sent in the care package should fit and hopefully when we get our next update she will be wearing one of her cute dresses.

I am starting to work on the nursery. I have the fabric ready for curtains. My mom has generously offered to make, with the helpful input of her great friends. I have the bumper and crib skirt. My plan was to have everything done by the end of June. I will take pictures and post ASAP.

The boys are also getting ready to share a room. I have all the big boy bedding bought and ready to go. Jake is very excited to share with the older boys. The older boys seem to be okay too. We are keeping the guest room for at least another year until Lauren is fully settled. Although, Matt has been given first dips to use the guest room if his room get to be "too much".

Tomorrow the boys find out who their teacher will be for next year. Everyone is a little nervous ( including me!). Hopefully everyone will have a friend or 2 in class next year and the right teacher for their personality.

4 comments:

  1. Robin,
    That is great that your agency actually gives you update like "birth mother interview is done" Our agency only tells us when there is a hearing, or ruling. As you know we are stuck with a very slow judge and are awaiting our 1st ruling. We thought we would have here home by now. I am so hoping that once you get your hearing date the rest will go quickly for you. I can't wait to see pictures of Lauren's nursery.
    LOL
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    I hope you hear something soon...sometimes a seemingly slow process can suddenly take flight and catch-up!! :) That's my wish for you all!!

    And like Lisa, I cannot wait to see pixs of the nursery!! I love that's it a team effort!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, it is so interesting how this is handled by each agency! I really hope you get word of your hearing soon...maybe it was done and you get great news of both hearing and first ruling... I hope your original time line holds true and you travel in the summer
    And hooray on getting the nursery started, isn't it just such fun! Can’t wait to see some photos! I am also impressed with how well the boys are accommodating their baby sister. What great guys!
    And good luck with school, I hope they are pleased with the news for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you hear of your hearing date soon. That is nice that your agency tells you the interview is done, I wish ours did. I just wish everyone had a equal court date time, the unknown is always the most difficult.

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete