Friday, June 26, 2009

Good News in the Mail

Some of my fellow waiting momma's and I are doing a monthly gift swap to help with all of the waiting. It is so nice to have good news come in the mail. It has the added bonus of giving me something creative and fun to do. This month's theme was bedtime. My secret buddy, Beth, sent me this great package. It arrived yesterday and it was so fun for the boys and I to open up the gifts for Lauren. Look at all that pink wrapping. Ooohhh...




Here is what was inside. Adorable pink and grean pj's for Lauren to be cozy in, a super soft blanket that matches the crib bedding( wow), and a great bed time story ( Pajama Time). Beth, I love the pink and green jammies.



Look how great the blanket goes with the bedding:) It has both the light pink, dark pink and grean that I am going for. Thank you so much Beth!!!!!!



The next picture is the latest addition to the nursery decor. I picked out this pink farbric that I just love and had a slip cover made to cover my hope chest. It looks more like the window seat we ( and the cats) use it as.








Here is the latest picture of the nursery in progress. We are painting the room next week. The green nook is going to be a dark pink and the other 3 walls will be a pale/neutral pink. The last big project for the room is the rocker. We have a great rocker that was my mother's grandfathers. It has been recovered a few times and has been a light blue color that has worked for all three of my boys . The shade of blue does not go with the nursery at all. I love that all three of my boys were rocked in this chair and look forward to rocking Lauren when she is home. I just need to find the right fabric to recover the chair. Given our court schedule or lack there of I have plenty of time to look into this this summer.




It finally stopped raining so we are headed outdoors.

6 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful friend!
    I love Lauren's nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovethe way the nursery is turning out. We did a secret swap last year when many of us got on the wait list. It was tons of fun and my secret buddy gave us such beautiful things.
    It helped with this loooooooooooooong wait.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see new paint!! I think the room is gorgeous already!
    Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, the gift swap. Such fun! The blanket is so pretty and I love the onsies..you'll need them up there this fall & winter!
    I really love the nursery too! The colors are all so pretty and soothing and the fabrics are just lovely. Lauren is going to feel like a princess to be sure!
    And I am so hoping you get news of your hearing this week. My finger are crossed for you Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to follow your journey - thanks for revisiting our trip last year. It's so exciting that you are about to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gifts from Beth and the nursery is looking great!

    ReplyDelete