Monday, June 15, 2009

Sigh...still no news

I have been super busy lately with all of the end of the school year stuff and the boys crazy baseball schedule. It has been great for keeping my mind busy during this wait. Unfortunately all this waiting has not brought us any closer to bringing Lauren home. I e-mailed my agency today and they still have no info on a hearing date. A typical hearing occurs 1-3 months after your paperwork reaches Taiwan. We did have a small snafu with our translation that slowed us down for 3 weeks, but still it has been 3 1/2 months since we have seen Lauren's face and still no hearing. It is so disheartening to know that we are not getting any closer to travel. I think I will call our case worker tomorrow to see if I can learn something new or at the least get a pep talk.

6 comments:

  1. Ok here is your pep talk. It will happen. You will eventually bring Lauren home. It is very hard to wait like this. I so hope you hear something this week. It is not fair how the judges are taking forever. But, maybe in your case they will take longer for hearing and then the rest will go quickly. I really hope so, I need some good news. HANG IN THERE.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs...I'm hating that you don't have your hearing date yet. Definitely call Lindsay today to talk to her and ask her to contact TWCA on your behalf. It's time for some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robin, it is so hard to wait like this to bring home your sweet daughter. I know it doesn't help but here's my thought...maybe the Judge will speed things along and make a quick ruling once the hearing is done and the wait will even out. Either way I hope you get some answers and I am really hoping that you get news of the hearing very soon.
    I'm glad to hear the boys keep you busy too, it's those odd quiet moments that get ya though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - I have figured out how to send comments. Yesterday I was sad by your blog. We talked and hopefully you feel better today. This will happen. Lauren will come home. Talk to you soon.

    love, Lauren's Nonni - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin,
    It is a very emotional time-watching them grow up, the ups and downs of having them 1000's of miles away, and loving them so much
    just keep the faith,
    she will be home all in good time
    the courts over there are incredibly difficult to guess at what is happening-our process took 7 months-from referral to gotcha-hopefully you are already through the first court phase, and just waiting for a final!!
    Blessings and hugs
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a hard time, I feel your pain:( I am really hoping for some good news for you guys SOON!! Hang in there Robin!

    ReplyDelete