Monday, July 27, 2009

Lauren news...

We have 1st ruling!!!!!!!!!!! What an exciting call to get today. Our Social worker called me a little while ago to tell me the great news. She said that our 1st ruling (also called Civil Ruling) was the fastest one that they have had come in. Just 17 days since our hearing on July 10th! Wow! I had prepared myself for at the very least a 2 month wait that would have landed us in early to mid September and then traveling in October - November or even December. Now it looks like we could actually be travelling in early September.

Now that we have the 1st ruling we have a mandatory 10 day waiting period for our final ruling. After 10 days the judge can make Lauren legally our daughter. Our social worker said that she has been seeing final rulings come in 3-5 weeks after the 1st ruling. We are hopeful for a quick final ruling but as in all international adoption cases it could take longer.

Well- It's officially time to go shopping:) I have been holding off on shopping for clothes for Lauren. Our hearing took so long I was imagining not being able to have her home until Thanksgiving or Christmas so I have been waiting for all the fall clothes to come out. Also, I wasn't really sure what size she was wearing until she was wearing our outfit this last update.
Lauren's measurements as off June 30th are height 24.4 inches and weight 15.8 pounds. I believe she is in 3-6 months clothes right now so I am going to go shopping for some 6-9 month outfits for the fall.

Oh happy day!!!

10 comments:

  1. This news made my whole WEEK!! I am so incredibly happy for you guys!!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!! YAYYYYYYYYY!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!

    Did you hear me screaming all the way up there?
    You will be holding Lauren so very soon.. What wonderful and exciting news!!!
    Oh Robin, I am truly thrilled for you and you family! Jen
    Wahoooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if the last post posted. So here is what I said:
    Yea Robin, I am so very excited for you. It is about time the judges start to move their duffs. Happy, Happy day. Go shopping girlfriend the fall stuff is gorgeous. If you want a 30% gap coupon let me know I just got it in e mail today and I will email it to you. Also in the Betterhomes &garden and Redbook magazines there are 20% coupons for gymboree.

    Whooo hoooo.
    Lol
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news, Robin! It won't be much longer now until Lauren is with you. :)

    Mike & Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news!! Have fun shopping!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!!!! Congrats!! This is so great with you having to wait so long for a hearing, what wonderful news this is.

    I am so happy for you!!!!

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news! And a great way to celebrate - go shopping! :-) I'm very happy for you ~ can't wait to hear travel plans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee! You go out there and buy all the pink you can. As we both have boys it is so time to turn that house into a pink palace! So happy for you.
    Krista
    the-mayne-event.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. woooooooo hooooo Robin!!!!! Buy up! Isn't shopping for a little girl FUN??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such GREAT news!!!! I hope you'll be on your way to Taiwan SOON!!!! Now go and have fun shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete