Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update

We have been working on our homestudy update this week. Our local social worker came out and took a tour of the house. Lucky for us, we are status quo with last years big homestudy. Once Phil has been to his doctors appointment we should have it completed.

A member of our 2008 waiting families received a referral for a baby girl yesterday. So exciting to see members of our "waiting group" get a referral. We have all been waiting a long and somewhat stressful time, with the shutdown of our original agency and the start up of our wonderful new one. This is the very 1st referral for our group. Congratulations to Julie and her family. I was able to see a picture and she is just beautiful.

We were told to get ready by our agency as we are getting very close. By the calculations of our group I think we are number 2 now. Wahoo!! I am so excited to get the phone call. I am so excited to see her face. She may already be in this world and I cannot wait to meet her.

In other news.... we got hit with a big snow storm on Saturday night. Our snowblower had broken in the last storm ( last Wednesday). Luckily Phil was able to find and remove a huge rock Saturday night and we ( I meen he) could clean the driveway and walk ways. We still have a layer of ice on the driveway that we wer not able to break up. Who knows when we will see the actual driveway again. Some bitter cold air has also blasted in. I am so not a winter girl. Though someone suggested I take up skiing and then I might change my mind. I might just try that even thoguh I am a scaredy cat.

We got together with my extended family this past weekend for a belated Christmas celebration. My uncle was telling us that my cousin Tracy wasn't feeling well when they went to visit her in Texas over the holiday. Tracy is my only girl cousin and we are very close. I guess she was having trouble with her stomach and finally went to the doctors after her company left. She thought she might have a cyst or something but found out quite by surprise that she is pregnant with her 4th!!!! It was quite shocking for her. And shocking to everyone else as well. They had recently decided that they were done and her husband had gone to the doctors as well for the big V. Apparently this baby is quite strong and determined and has managed to bust though a medical procedure and other preventative measures!! Can't wait to meet this strong willed one in August. I hope it is a girl so that our girls will have a chance to be as close as we are.
I that is it for our news right now. My boy Josh has come home sick today with a stomach bug and I should get check on him.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment