Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good things are happening

I have 2 very close friends who are also adopting internationally. They are with another agency and are adopting from Korea. We all started the process at different times. We did not really share what we were doing until we got close to getting on a list. It was really wild to learn that we were all entering into the world of international adoption. Although we started at different times all of our paperwork and log in dates came together at the same time. We have all been waiting since Feb/March 2008. From the outside it could look like we all had coffee and decided to do adopt. This is not the case at all. We all have very unique situations that brought us to our decisions. I have to say though, it is really great to be able to share and go through the process with people I really love. So on to the good news...my friends both received their referrals this week. My friend H, who has 2 daughters, was matched with an adorable baby boy. My friend S, who has 2 sons, was matched with a precious baby girl. I am so thrilled for them. What an exciting week!

As for us, we are getting closer. When we signed up their were 11 other families approved at the same time. I know of 1 family in our group that chose not to continue. What we know for sure is that we are in the top 10 families waiting in our program. I do think that given when we put put our application in we are most likely somewhere in in the top 5.

Robin

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robin! I am hoping for a referral for you all very soon! Fingers crossed. -Shana

    ReplyDelete