Friday, September 11, 2009

Gotcha!

At long last Lauren is in my arms. I first held her at about 2:00 today and she has not been out of my arms since.
We went to the foster mother's house and as we pulled up I could see Mrs Tung, through the open door, sitting down holding Lauren. I could hardly wait for Mr. Yeh to park the car so I could go to her. She took a few minutes to warm up. so I played and talked to her and asked Mrs. Tung questions until she was ready to come to me. She was was very brave. Mrs. Tung told me that Lauren is a very easy going baby, loves to eat, loves to play and is very intelligent. She is also sweet, fun and busy.
Once we left Mrs. Tung's house we went to the baby store and bought all kinds of good supplies for Lauren. We are set with diaper, wipes, formula and baby food for our stay here,
We headed back to the agency to sign 1 more paper, Lauren's birth mother was there to meet us. We talked and I gave her the gifts that I had brought for her. We both have the same charm on a bracelet representing Lauren. This meeting is such a gift for Lauren and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity.
We headed back to Taipei and ran into some rush hour traffic. The ride home was very long. Lauren was very calm, hung out a bit and was able to nap.
Once we got back to the hotel room we were able to do a quick sk!pe session with Phil and the boys. Lauren loved watching and listening to Phil. Josh was so sweet talking to her. After the call Lauren started to feel the loss of her foster mother. She was quite sad and cried for over an hour. She has calmed down but will not let me put her down for any reason. She is sitting in my lap right now as I type.
Today was an amazing day. I feel blessed to be Lauren's mother. She is so tired and has had such a big day. I am going to try and get her to sleep.


19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Robin! We are SO happy for you!!! :)

    Mike & Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you are embracing every minute right now...SO glad to hear that everything went smoothly and you were able to meet her Taiwanese mother. That is a huge blessing I'm sure. Enjoy these new precious moments together as Mother & Daughter. Smiling for you and crying a little too because I so remember holding Allie for the first time...I'm so happy for you Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Robin,
    How exciting. Congratulations. Isn't it the best feeling??? How lucky for Lauren that you got to meet the birthmom. She is beautiful enjoy every minute.'lol
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an amazing day for you both! Yout tow look just perfect together and I cannot wait to see a photo of her with all the guys! And how wonderful you met her Birth Mother, what a great gift!
    Lauren may be like monkey glue to you for a while, I'm sure it makes her feel safe. How awesome that you can provide that for her too.
    Keep us posted ~whenever you can!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyyy! You have her!!! So thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting so quickly so we could see you and Lauren together! You look like you are meant to be together. Hopefully she settles down and your night is not too long. Congrats and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful. Finally holding your little girl - you look so good together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin,
    I just got home from work an the first thing I did before saying hello to Scott was to check for an update on your blog!!!! What a fabulous day! Congrats! This day is long overdue!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing day. Thank you for sharing and I am so happy to see the two of you together, it looks like it was meant to be ;)

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robin, Congratulations!!! I just have chills for you. I love seeing Lauren in your arms. What a beautiful picture. You finally have your precious little girl with you!!! So happy you were able to meet the birth parents too. Enjoy the rest of your time in Taiwan and I will continue to follow your journey in Taiwan with Beautiful little Lauren. I just can't wait to see her with your boys! More excitement still to come. Yeah!!!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picture! Wonderful to see you both in the same photo! Enjoy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Robin, huge congrats! Lauren is precious! So glad the boys got to see her and talk to her. I am sure she is grieving but it is great that she wants you to hold her! This will be wonderful bonding time for you both! I am so happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you finally have her! She is adorable. I'm sure you both are emotionally drained, but that you for taking the time to share your incedible Gotcha Day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is beautiful! What a great picture of Mom and daughter. Happiness!
    Congratulations on your Forever Family Day! Cherish every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! So excited and happy for you and your family! She is sooo sweet!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!!! So great to finally see you together :) She is such an adorable little girl!!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Robin -

    Lauren is gorgeous - congratulations. Bella grieved for about 45 minutes when we first got her back to the hotel. From that point, she did not want us to put her down either. We would rock her to sleep for naps and bedtime but other than that, she spent the first three days in our arms.

    We did a playdate with some of the other children and she got a little more brave and would sit on the floor by herself.

    I'm sure Lauren just needs a few days of snuggling to start trusting that you are there for good.

    Have a safe trip home!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete