Thursday, September 10, 2009

The night before Lauren is in my arms


Here I am in Taiwan on the eve of meeting my daughter. This is so amazing and almost unbelievable. I feel as if I have just run a marathon over the course of the last few weeks just to get to her. I was feeling a little scared earlier. The same scared I felt right before having my boys but with a twist. Will she be sad tomorrow? When will her little heart realize that her foster mother is not coming to get her. Will she let me soothe her and let her heart believe that she is safe and loved and that I am never leaving. Will she have smiles for me? Is she crawling?

This is big. This is so big! I was strolling down the streets of Taipei looking up at Taipei 101 and thinking how fun it was. Then I thought, tomorrow I will be walking down this same street with my daughter. Tomorrow I meet my daughter. Tomorrow changes my life. Tomorrow changes my boys lives. How lucky we all are.

Lauren's bed is made. Her pink kitty is waiting for her to snuggle with and my arms are waiting to snuggle her.



The gifts for all ready for the wonderful people in Taiwan who have had a hand in bringing Lauren home to us,. We are all set to go.


Below are photos from yesterdays travel and today's adventures. This was our first outing in the city by our selves. My mom and I had lunch at a little walk in restaurant. Here I am using chopsticks for the 1st time. I actually did pretty good! The food is very yummy here.




Here is a picture of myself and my mom Elle just about to board the flight for San Fransisco. We were soooo excited to finally get on that plane and head toward Lauren




We arrived in Taipei at 5:30 am local time after flying for 13 1/2 hours.






Mr. Yeh and his son Alex met us at the airport this morning. Here is a\Alex holding their sign for us. It is so funny to see my first and middle name being used to identify me. I like that this signs says Robin Elizabeth and Elisabeth as we are here to get Lauren Elisabeth. Alex got up super early to accompany his dad to the airport to great us. After dropping us off at the hotel he was heading off to school for the day.



Okay- It is time for me to go to bed so I am ready for our girl tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Yahoo!!! You're there!!!!! I'm so excited to read your post that you have Lauren!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your safe arrival, Robin! Not much longer now. Best of luck with meeting Lauren tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So excited to see your next post with Lauren in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, I am sitting here at my desk reading your words and crying my eyes out ...I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing something so special with all of us.
    Can't wait to see the picture of her in your arms! ( okay - I'm crying all over again now )Best wishes for you and Lauren...
    Diane (FootBridge)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Robin! What a wonderful and amazing day awaits you! I just can't wait to see and hear all about it! Please post when you get a chance.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Robin - SOO happy for you. Your words brought tears to my eyes. when we wake up tomorrow, you'll have her!
    Many, many, blessings and much love,
    Heather, Steven, Jillian, Hannah and Max

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you arrived safely and can't wait to see Lauren in your arms. Mr. Yeh will take good care of you.

    Beware of squat toliets at the rest stop and that Mr. Yeh will want to feed you so you are not hungry on the ride back and can focus on Lauren. (The steamed buns with pork in them are good!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is finally it...
    I love it that your mom has the opportunity to share this with you. ALlie is sitting here with me saying "baby baby" and pointing at Lauren. She also just told me that "I like this song Mama"... We'll be checking in soon.
    THinking of you RObin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting! Oh and seriously you don't look old enough to be a Mama, whatever youth cream your using I'd like a big jar of it please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is soooo exciting! What a special day for you (and your Mom).
    I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little girl and hear how wonderful your day is!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you!! Can't wait to see you and your baby girl together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post made me cry! You are such a great Mommy!

    ReplyDelete