Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to Me....

We celebrated mother's day this past Sunday, but I was super lucky to get most of my gifts on Friday. I love my new flowers, real and home/school made. I also was honored with lovely poems. Here is a peak at the thoughtful gifts from my boys.



This is the newest family tree that was made by my Matty. This is extra special not only because Lauren's name is on it but because Matt put her name on our tree and was very proud to share it with his class and me.



I am anxiously awaiting an update on Lauren. I was hoping for one last week and am still checking e-mail constantly. I have been feeling sad for Lauren, knowing that since our last update she has moved to a foster home. I am thrilled that she is with a family, but I know that it is yet another move in her short life and could be stressful for her. I know that I will feel better once I see her face again.

I woke up the other morning with a new and interesting feeling. I have been planning for Lauren to come home at some point in the future. IT was always felt somewhat far away. This summer possibly next fall. I have been okay with it because I knew going into this that the court process would take time and there is absolutely nothing I could do about it. Well, the other morning I woke up and felt "ready" for Lauren to come home. Although I have no new news and no known hearing date I feel in my heart ready. Now that my heart is clear and focused it is time for the fates to align and send Lauren home.

1 comment:

  1. What thoughtful Mother's day gifts, your boys sound very sweet!
    And I think this is the one of the harder parts of this process...knowing your baby is there and your stuck just waiting for the courts to move things along! And yes, an update may be just enough to know she is safe and OK. (and can you wear out the refresh button, checking for new emailsfor the update?)
    What an amazing feeling though... feeling TRULY ready for her to come home. I got goosebumps reading that. And think about it, end of summer-early fall is really just around the corner!
    I really do hope you get news of your hearing and an update very soon!
    And I hope we get to eat some dumplings together over there!

    ReplyDelete