Friday, October 5, 2012

And So It Happened

I came upstairs the other night and found this on my bedside table.  It took a little bit for me to register what it was and who it belonged to.  And so it has happened...Lauren has cut her own hair.


Lauren had been saying that that she wanted big hair (her word for long hair).  I was excited to let her hair grow out.  Last spring she had gone in for a hair cut and I had requested a bob.  She walked out with hair MUCH shorter than I had asked for.  Her hair cut was adorable...but short.  I had been letting it grow all summer and it was just at that spot where it was about to be long.  And then she cut it.  About 2 inches off of the side.  It kind of looked like she was growing out bangs.  I think we were lucky.  She could have cut it at her forehead.



 Brought Lauren to the hair dresser who said she could angle it or do a blunt cut and let it all grow out.  I opted for the blunt cut.  Not a great picture of her hair ( see below) but she does look cute.  We have hid all the scissors and will be growing it out again.  Should take about 4 months to grow it back to where it was.

 Lauren loves her some shoes.  Here she is in my boots.  She actually walks really well in them.  Not sure how.


3 comments:

  1. She really looks adorable with her unwanted haircut! I think they all do it once (or sometimes twice!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks oh so cute, but, have been in your "shoes", trying to grow hair out and instead having a daughter lop it off, twice, once in the front (her bangs) and once in the back almost underneath. First was a big challenge but second time just a wake up call it can happen more than once. Thank you for reminding me we need to hide our scissors again when the littles arrive.

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren standing there in those boots just cracks me up! I'd be rolling around on the floor watching her walk around,for sure!
    What is it about cutting their hair? I guess they all go through it but Jeeez, it can be painful...
    Lucky for Lauren she's so darn cute she can pull of any kind of cut!
    It really is darling.
    Love catching up and seeing what your family has been up to!

    ReplyDelete