Thursday, August 2, 2012

My boys first race!

We had our fantastic extended family vacation last week. On the last night there was a 5k road race. My sister-in-law Suzie and cousin Mike and his wife were planning on running. Phil decided to run the day of the race. About 1/2 hour before the race, the boys decided to run the race. There was an option of a 1K for the kids but my boys kept going for the WHOLE thing. NO training and basically no running since spring sports got out besides running to catch a wave. I was so proud to see them cross the finish line.

Josh just over the finish line

Matt cooling down after crossing the finish line


The 1st two boys to cross the finish line.


Jake after finishing the race.  

Shannon and Mike

Suzie with most of her crew

Congratulations all!


I was able to video Jake and Phil finishing the race.  I love the smile on Jake's face as we all cheer him home.

Heading home

No comments:

Post a Comment