Monday, March 15, 2010

Say what?

Our house can sometimes be a crazy little bee hive. We are so fortunate to have 3 great boys and our sweet little girl. As it goes with busy households sometimes we don't always pay full attention to everyone when we are talking. Here is a little scenario that I overheard while doing laundry. Phil and the 4 kids are in the kitchen. Matt just had his Karate test and moved up a level. All 3 boys do karate and must do push ups and sit ups at home and keep a log.

Lauren: Having a snack in her high chair
Matt: Talking about how excited he is with his new belt.
Josh: Gets down on the floor and starts doing push ups.
Jake: Gets down from the table to join him.

Phil: Those are great push ups. You boys have a lot of push ups and sit ups for the new log.
Josh: Finishing his push up, sits down on the floor and looks up an at Phil and says, " Carlos and Charlies."
Phil: Oh is that what they are calling them these days.
Josh: Just looks at Phil who is wearing a shirt from Carlos and Charlies.

As I write this I am chuckling to myself. Phil never noticed that Josh had switched topics and really thought that they were now calling sit ups and push ups, Carlos and Charlies.

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny! It's amazing how busy we get even within the family!

    Congrats to Matt on his belt!
    Jen
    Oh...and Carlos and Charlies...ugh, I have some fuzzy memories of that place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a few of those days here too! Many times I'm thinking of something, only 'half' listening, and the kids have to repeat what they said. Then I'm getting the stink eye! :-)

    It was great to catch up on Lauren's happenings! She is getting so big and and cuter each time I stop by. She's beautiful!I've been in hibernation from blog world, so I'm trying to catch up. So many friends to see, so much I've missed. :-)
    That's great about Matt's new belt - nice job! Sorry to read about your tree, we had a few trees come down with all the snow & wind too. I'm ready for Spring!!

    ReplyDelete