Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Her name is...

Lauren Elisabeth Yen-Chun

We have finally settled on a name for our girl. We are keeping her given Chinese name as a middle name and also using a family name as the middle name as well. Elisabeth/Elizabeth is a family name that many of the women in my family have. It is my middle name and my mother's first and middle name ( Elisa Beth). It is also the name of a grandmother and great grandmother. I wanted Lauren to have a name that had special meaning and I think it is perfect. My boys have family names as their middle names and they do think they are special and I have to agree.


p.s. Congratulations to H on getting the long awaited travel call. I am so excited to meet your guy!

p.p.s. Welcome home to my friend S and her beautiful girl.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your decision, Robin! You've made a great choice. :) I'm glad that Izzie won't be the only girl from our group with a long name! lol

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Robin.. that is a beautiful name for your daughter.
    lol
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, what a beautiful name! And yes, to have a tie to family through a name like that is so wonderful and important. Congrats on such a big decision!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on choosing the perfect name! It is absolutely beautiful!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, I love the spelling of Elisabeth here! Choosing the right name is so hard and I think you made an awesome choice! Congratulations! I love following and can't wait you see your sweet baby girl in your arms! Thank you for introducing yourself to me.
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her name! Congrats on making the big decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her name! Congrats on making the big decision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations she is beautiful. We have three boys and adopted a girl from St. Lucy in Taiwan. Her name is Sarah Elizabeth. Elizabeth was a family name too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a beautiful Lauren at home too....we are just celebrating 6 years of bliss and blessings.

    The name is beautiful, just like your baby girl.
    ~lisa

    ReplyDelete